Hi Vladimir,

You may try the '\definefallbackfamily' command if you are written in another
language than Russian;
if the whole text is in Cyrillic, I don't have any idea how you can't achieve
the itemize purpose.
Since I guess you are aware about what kind of font match with cyrillic, there
is something to clear with the itemizing setting.
If your document is written in another language than English, test this MWE (in
which I don't understand either why the numbering is not in Russian!) :

definefallbackfamily [mainface] [serif] [AGGaramondCyr] [range=cyrillic]
\definefontfamily [mainface] [serif] [AGGaramondCyr]
\setupbodyfont[mainface]
\setuplanguage[en,ru][patterns={fr, de, ru}]

\starttext
A sentence in Russian :
Традиционная систематика лишайников оказывается во многом условна и

\startitemize[a]
\item первый
\item второй
\stopitemize