I am experimenting with descriptions and I couldn't find in the documentation
the following:

1. What is the default value of width option? It seems that default width uses
the
longest head + some distance for every head in a descriptions list. Neither
width=fit nor width=broad,distance=dimension results in the same.

Some information is given here: http://www.ntg.nl/maps/36/09.pdf
Enumerations and descriptions share a lot of settings.

2. In the same document how can I reset to the default options of a defined
description list? For example:

\definedescription[defa]

\defa{head} .... % deafult options are used

\setupdescription[defa][width=broad,distance=1cm] \defa{head} .... % above options are used

But still the previously set options are used, they haven't been reset.

There is no way to reset options in ConTeXt. The canonical way to do this is:

\definedescription[defa]
\definedescription[defb][defa][width=broad, distance=1cm]

\startdefa ... \stopdefa

\startdefb ... \stopdefb

(Untested): This should also work:

\startdefa[width=broad, distance=1cm] ... \stopdefa

Aditya