On 03/14/2017 06:36 PM, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:
> [...]
>  I was wrong. The validation script is stored as document level
> script, because it’s within JSpreamble. And it sets the value to "",
> regardless of the content. See
> http://source.contextgarden.net/tex/context/modules/mkiv/m-fields.mkiv?search=CheckFillInField
>
>  Better don’t use this module, it’s just an example.
>
> If you need exactly this functionality, copy the code.

I need it, because it is the simplest way to create a fill-in field. I
have two questions:

Does it make any sense to have a module that doesn’t retain the content
of the fill-in fields?

How should I define the new \fillinfield command?

Would it work removing validation from the command? I’m sorry, I’m not
running Windows and I have no way of testing it. Besides the fact that
JavaScript is beyond my knowledge.

    \usemodule[fields]
    \definefieldcategory
      [fillinfield]
      [n=1024,
       height=\strutht,
       depth=\strutdp,
       align=middle,
       color=red,
       fieldframecolor=blue,
       fieldbackgroundcolor=white,
       validate=]
    \setupinteraction[state=start]
    \starttext
    This is a \fillinfield[name]{text that defines field length}.
    \stoptext

It works fine with evince (it retains the contents of the fill-in
field). But I need to know whether this works in Windows.

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk