On 2017-03-31 19:05, Todd DeVries wrote:
Hello,

I would like to align a subsection heading with the following
paragraph. For example:

Subsectiontext. The data presented in this section will ...

What I get is:

Subsection Text

The data presented in this section will ...

What recipe should be used with the \setupheads command to produce this
output?  I've tried several variations including the snippit below.

\setuppapersize[letter][letter]
\setuptagging[state=start]
\setupheads[subsection][style=\bf, number=no, after={. }, alternative=text]
\starttext
\startsection[reference=sec:deep, title=Deep Thoughts
\startparagraph
Oh Hum, its too windy to play out side, so perhaps I'll write a while...
\startsubsection[reference=first, title=First Subsection]
   \startparagraph
     \input knuth
   \stopparagraph
\stopsubsection
\stopsection
\stoptext
First, add a closing ] to \startsubsection...

Then remove the \startparagraph following it, and the \stopparagraph after knuth. alternative=text is working, but \startparagraph is starting a new paragraph after the heading. \start\stopparagraph is not happy with the text alternative.

You should also add a \stopparagraph after the Oh Hum line.

Then change \setupheads to \setuphead. \setupheads should have only one []. That [] contains key/value option pairs that apply to all heading levels. \setuphead[sectionlevel][] is used to provide key/value option pairs for sectionlevel headings (and for lower-level heads for inherited options).

--
Rik