Hello

Just a message to explain a problem I had and the answer.

The trouble : the big parenthesis were not big, $($ and $\bigl($ gave the same shape

The fix :
I defined my own environment in which I defined very big font sizes.
\definefontsize[e]
\definebodyfontenvironment  [default] [e=4]

One of them was \definefontsize[g]

I changed it to \definefontsize[gg] and all went right again

The explanation (?) : maybe \big was read \bi (bold italic) with size g ????

I had this problem for 2 years, I'm happy to have figured it now.

--
Eric Détrez
Informatique