On Sun, 06 Aug 2017 13:39:50 -0600, Pablo Rodriguez <oi...@gmx.es> wrote:

On 08/06/2017 03:54 PM, Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد wrote:
[...]
Something along the lines of the following would be a sufficient (and
easier) first step for the current project, although we may want to
revisit the above for the future:

3 <par>     % section
3.0.1 <par>  % subsubsection

4 <par>     % section
4.1 <par>   % subsection
4.1.1 <par>  % subsubsection

How can we automate this?

Hi Idris,

if you only need a printed version, I think the following approach might
help:

    \setupwhitespace[big]

    \setuphead[section]
        [alternative=margintext,
         color=white,
         style=\tfxx,
         before=,
         after=,
         commandafter={\setupparagraphintro[first]
            [{{\bf \getmarking[sectionnumber][current]
                \hspace[big]}}]}]

    \setuphead[subsection]
        [commandafter={\setupparagraphintro[first]
            [{{\bf \getmarking[subsectionnumber][current]
                \hspace[big]}}]}]

    \setuphead[subsubsection]
        [commandafter={\setupparagraphintro[first]
            [{{\bf \getmarking[subsubsectionnumber][current]
                \hspace[big]}}]}]

    \starttext

    \dorecurse{3}{\section{}
    \startpar\input ward\stoppar
    \startpar\input ward\stoppar
    \dorecurse{3}{\subsection{}
    \startpar\input ward\stoppar
    \startpar\input ward\stoppar
    \dorecurse{3}{\subsubsection{}
    \startpar\input ward\stoppar
    \startpar\input ward\stoppar
    \startpar\input ward\stoppar}
    \startpar\input ward\stoppar}
    \startpar\input ward\stoppar}

    \stoptext

Thank you very much, Pablo. Here is a modified version:

\setupwhitespace[big]

    \setuphead[section]
        [alternative=margintext,
         color=white,
         style=\tfxx,
         before=,
         after=,
         commandafter={\setupparagraphintro[first]
            [{{\bf \getmarking[sectionnumber][current]
                \hspace[big]}}]}]

    \setuphead[subsection]
        [commandafter={\setupparagraphintro[first]
            [{{\bf \getmarking[subsectionnumber][current]
                \hspace[big]}}]}]

    \setuphead[subsubsection]
        [commandafter={\setupparagraphintro[first]
            [{{\bf \getmarking[subsubsectionnumber][current]
                \hspace[big]}}]}]

    \starttext
    \starttitle[title=Paper]
    \dorecurse{2}{%
    \startsection
    \startpar\input ward\stoppar
    \startparagraph\input ward\stopparagraph

    \startsubsubsection{}
    \startpar\input ward\stoppar
    \stopsubsubsection

    \dorecurse{2}{%
    \startsubsection
    \startpar\input ward\stoppar
    \startparagraph\input ward\stopparagraph

    \dorecurse{2}{%
    \startsubsubsection{}
    \startpar\input ward\stoppar
    \startparagraph\input ward\stopparagraph
    \stopsubsubsection
    }

    \startparagraph{\bf level 2} \input ward\stopparagraph
    \stopsubsection
    }

    \startparagraph{\bf level 1} \input ward\stopparagraph
    \stopsection
    }

    \stoptitle
    \stoptext
Challenges:

1. How can we get automatic indentation for all heads *except* the first one that occurs after the \starttitle?

2. Look at the output of the adjusted version above - attached. Note that a subsubsection after a section gives

1.1
2.1

which are the same as those given by a subsection after a section. How can we get a subsubsection after a section to produce the following?

1.0.1
2.0.1

etc.

Thanks again, Pablo!