On Tue, 29 Aug 2017, Otared Kavian wrote:

Hi,

How can I put a small circle on top of a character in math mode (for the
curious this is needed when one defines the interior of a set…).

I tried the following, but the small circle is too far away from the character A. I am sure I had an ugly solution for this in plain TeX some years ago but I woul dlike to have an elegant solution in ConTeXt.

The proper solution in LaTeX is to use the \mathring accent (I think that amssym package defines that). The accent should also be available in ConTeXt (sorry cannot check right now, but a simple grep of char-def.lua should confirm that).

Aditya