On Tue, 29 Aug 2017, Paul Mazaitis wrote:

The short version:

I'd like to set up a context document with multiple user-defined heads, such that they can be conditionally compiled and/or altered. It seems that modes are what I want, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to automatically set up a particular section to be wrapped in a particular mode (if that makes any sense at all).

Is this possible?

Here is how I usually do this:

\definemode[showexamples][keep]

\doifmodeelse{showexamples}
    {\definehead[example][subject][style=\bfc]}
    {\definebuffer[example]}

\starttext

\input ward

\startexample[title={I'd like to be able to use modes to enable or
disable this section}]

I'd like to have a mode to conditionally show all of the {\tt example}
sections (without affecting other content, etc.).

\stopexample

\stoptext

Aditya