Am 2017-10-08 um 10:37 schrieb Pablo Rodriguez <oi...@gmx.es>:

> On 10/08/2017 12:22 AM, Hans Hagen wrote:
>> You need to define features before fonts get defined because we share
>> font definitions and their features as much as possible
>>
>> \startluacode
>>     fonts.handlers.otf.addfeature {
>>         name = "kernligatures",
>>         type = "kern",
>>         data = {
>>             f = { i = 50, l = 50 },
>>         }
>>     }
>> \stopluacode
>
> Many thanks for your reply, Hans.
>
> I almost get it all ;-), but what is the "i" variable?

It defines the kerning between f and i. I also added "f" and "b".

And after playing with the values and setting up exceptions I understand now
why Hans hates the Alegreya font(s):
While the kerning works, the font still uses the long-arced f (that is meant
for creating ligatures).

I still like the design, but will consider different fonts for upcoming books.

Greetlings, Hraban
---
http://www.fiee.net
http://wiki.contextgarden.net