On 10/19/2017 8:08 PM, Alan Braslau wrote:
ConTeXt silently drops missing glyphs and I understand the advantage of
this behavior over placing a black box (as I believe LaTeX does).

However, I would like a warning in the log file when this occurs, for a
chosen font might indeed prove to be in-adapted as incomplete (for a
particular document). Perhaps this is already the case, but for what
should I search? Is there a tracker to enable?

I have experienced the problem in typesetting a long document in trying
a different font without knowing that it "breaks" my document due to
missing glyphs. This would be a very important tool for the present the
font discussion, for a generated table of glyph overviews is one thing
but perhaps more useful would be warnings about missing glyphs in real
documents.
% shows all kind of errors at the end of a run (relative new feature, dedicated to taco)

\enabledirectives[logs.errors]

% quite old feature

\enabletrackers[fonts.missing=replace]

% or (deleting them)

\enabletrackers[fonts.missing]

% so:

\starttext

    here we \char 999 go

\stoptext

% will report errors

If you compile the latest luatex you will get a report anyway.