On 11/11/2017 08:01 PM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> On 8 November 2017 at 20:46, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
>> [...]
>> It can handle different .csv files to data merging for document
>> automatic generation.
>
> It would be helpful to figure out what exactly is missing in the
> built-in module written by Hans. Maybe that module could be upgraded
> as well?

If the module is
tex/texmf-context/tex/context/modules/mkiv/m-database.mkiv, I think this
is only intended for typesetting the database contents.

handlecsv enables document merging. With the first (stupid) sample that
comes to my mind:

    \starttext
    \startbuffer
    \Name\ has completed the course {\em\Course}, achieving the
    following grade: \Grade.\page
    \stopbuffer
    \doloopforall{\getbuffer}
    \stoptext

Having to do that with before and after options would be a pain (in my
opinion).

You may page through
https://github.com/ousia/handlecsv/blob/context-suite/doc/context/third/handlecsv/handlecsv.pdf
to see the features.

I wonder whether it makes sense to extend the built-in module by Hans.
If this wasn’t needed before, it may be not needed now. And Hans’ time
is most precious to devote to other issues ;-).

BTW, handlecsv is coded by Jaroslav Hajtmar. I only release the module
to the public.

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--