On 01/20/2018 12:22 AM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> On 19 January 2018 at 11:40, Henri Menke wrote:
>> Dear list,
>>
>> I'd like to support Linux platforms which use musl
>> (https://www.musl-libc.org/) instead of glibc, like for instance Alpine
>> Linux.
>>
>> How would I go about this?  Can you share existing build scripts for, e.g.
>> Linux-64?  Do I have to provide build infrastructure?
>
> Can you please raise that question on the TeX Live mailing list?
>
> If TL team is not willing to support it, we can still do it ourselves,
> but let's first see if there's an "official" way to support it, also
> with respect to naming.
> We would need to set up a VM running that version of Linux + some
> other stuff (at the moment we are experiencing some technical issues
> with network and the build infrastructure and we need to fix the
> existing issues first, but then we could look into it).
>
> (Would you expect any other use besides you?)

Definitely the whole community of the Alpine and Void Linux distributions.  The
Alpine people have a build script in their ports tree, but this does not build
LuaJITTeX and---well---you have to build the entire TeXlive yourself which is
quite time consuming.
https://git.alpinelinux.org/cgit/aports/tree/testing/texlive/APKBUILD
https://forum.voidlinux.eu/t/latex-texlive-on-void-musl/2631

Alpine Linux seems to be extremely popular in the container industry, e.g.
Docker, and I wanted to base my ConTeXt Docker image on that (but can't at the
moment).