Am 26/01/2018 um 06:10 schrieb Henri:
Am I being ignored personally here?
Why so impatient?  I was once bumping a thread for half a year with until Hans
fixed it.

Well, that's what I call patience. I don't want to be offensive, yet there are several reasons which lead to my assumption, which I'd rather not discuss at this point.

It there any reason not to use a head?

Yes there is. It's a multi-page letter in which I simply don't use heads. A second scenario is the merging of several PDF documents into one, again without using heads. So far I've been using third-party software to create bookmarks. Yet I'd like to keep my working environment as minimaistic as possible (editor, CTX). I'd love to believe that CTX is powerful enough to achieve that goal.

\setupinteraction[state=start]
\setupinteractionscreen[option=bookmark]
\placebookmarks[Marks][Marks][force=yes]

\definehead
   [Marks]
   [subject]
   [placehead=empty,
    before={},
    after={}]

\starttext

   \Marks[title={Bookmark one}]
   \input tufte
  \page   \Marks[title={Bookmark two}]
   \input knuth

\stoptext

That's all I wanted, just some advice. Even a "it's not possible at this time" would have been satisfing. I will test your code as soon as I'm home and report on it.

Thank you very much Henri. Cheers.