Otared Kavian <mailto:ota...@gmail.com>
27. Januar 2018 um 12:31

Hi Wolfgang,

Thanks again! Indeed

\defineexpandable\authorpicture{hacker.jpg}

solves the problem in the simplified case I was reporting.
However in the real case, the file « hacker.jpg » is in fact a file which depends on other variables, and when I include \defineexpandable in the \getvariable environment then it does not work anymore: saying

\defineexpandable\authorpicture{\getvariable{talk}{picture}}
or
\defineexpandable\authorpicture{\expanded{\getvariable{talk}{picture}}}
or
\defineexpandable\authorpicture{\expandafter\getvariable{talk}{picture}}
does not solve the problem.

Below is a minimal example showing the issue (with what you taught me last week…).

Best regards: OK

\starttext
\startbuffer[pagetalk]
\starttabulate[|f{\bi}l|p|][before=]%
\NC Speaker \EQ \getvariable{talk}{speakerfirstname} {\sc \getvariable{talk}{speakername}}
\NC\NR
\NC Title \EQ \getvariable{talk}{title} \NC\NR
\stoptabulate
\defineexpandable\authorpicture{\getvariable{talk}{picture}}
\placefigure[here][]{}
{\externalfigure[\authorpicture]}

You can put the \getvariable command in \externalfigure.

\startplacefigure[location=here]
  \externalfigure[\getvariable{talk}{picture}]
\stopplacefigure

\page
\stopbuffer

\setvariable{talk}{set}{\getbuffer[pagetalk]}

\setvariables[talk]%
[speakername={Hacker},
title={Up to date hacking},
picture=hacker.jpg
]
You’re missing a coma after “picture=hacker.jpg” which results in “jpeg ”
(which a space at the end) as file extension for the image.

Wolfgang