Here it is:

\usemodule[newcolumnsets]
\setuplayout[grid=yes]
\setupbodyfont[10pt]
\definecolumnset[example][n=2]
\starttext
\startcolumnset[example]
\dorecurse{7}{\input knuth \par}
\placefigure[center]{Legend.}{\hbox{\externalfigure[dummy][height=8cm]}}
\dorecurse{8}{\input knuth \par}
\stopcolumnset
\stoptext

On 02/08/2018 04:38 AM, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:
Am 2018-02-08 um 05:22 schrieb Charles Vejnar <charles.vej...@yale.edu>:

I am trying to add a figure now using \placefigure. But the placement in
brackets is always ignored. AFAIK it's normal to get a figure at the top of a
new page when it's larger than a column but it's also always on the left. I
would like to get it horizontally centered (on the top of the next page as it
is already). Any way to achieve that?

Please show us your code, otherwise nobody can spot the problem.

Greetlings, Hraban
---