Hi Thomas,

Many thanks for your insight. Indeed as Alan and you explain, it is
straightforward to define one's own specification.
I have not done that yet, but already I could change some of the renderings by
modifying a few of the definitions in the file publ-imp-default.mkvi in my test
file. I guess when my file say named, as you put it, publ-imp-otared.mkvi, is
finished, I have to put it in my personal directory
        texmf/tex/context
where ConTeXt would find it.

Regarding my question about extracting a file with the used references, Alan
explained it to me: it is enough to say
\savebtxdataset[usedreferences.bib]
and then ConTeXt creates the file usedreferences.bib. Including the content of
that file in the source of the main document into a buffer, then allows me to
have a single file with the references in it. So this also has been solved by
Alan and Hans and is waiting there!

Regarding the setups for cite, I did not see where I should put the modified
block
\startsetups btx:cite:XXX

\stopsetups
As of now it doesn't seem necessary to modify anything for \cite: maybe this
can be done later on if necessary.

Best regards: OK