On 09.04.2018 00:49, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

Mk II does not have setupnotation[footnote] yet, and when I 'translated' it to setupfootnotes (which ordinarily ought to work in Mk II), it unfortunately did not work. (I need to use Mk II because I need the functionality of XeTeX.)

1. setupnotation is the new command name for setupnotedefinition

2. Which language do you use in your document?

Kannada. This is one of the world's larger languages, belonging to the Dravidian language family, spoken in the southern Indian state of Karnataka (its capital city Bangalore / Bengaluru is known outside India mainly as the centre of India's IT industry).

I am about to finish writing the first comprehensive modern teaching manual of the language for non-Indian learners, and this is the kind of book that one can hardly leave to typesetters. First I was thinking of producing the ready-to-print PDF in XeLaTeX, but… oh, well, we're among ourselves here, so I think I need not go into the details of why I prefer to do it in ConTeXt. :-)

Robert

--

Prof. Dr. Robert J. Zydenbos
Institute of Indology and Tibetology