On 5/17/2018 9:54 AM, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

On 17 May 2018, at 09:39, Taco Hoekwater <t...@elvenkind.com> wrote:

On 17 May 2018, at 09:32, Ulrike Fischer <ne...@nililand.de> wrote:

Am Wed, 16 May 2018 14:23:42 +0200 schrieb Taco Hoekwater:

Or use luasocket, which is included in the luatex binary:

But I'm right that this works only with http and not with https?

Works ok for me. Did you test?

Oh, sorry. It seems it is sneakily rewriting the https:// to http://,
and so does not _actually_ work. Which makes sense, now that I think
about it.  Doing https would need openssl support, which is unlikely to
ever be built into luatex.

Sorry for being misleading,
i have (among a few others such experiments) a util-crl.lua file that uses libcurl (using ffi) because it's one of the things we used to test ffi support in luatex

i didn't add that to the distribution because i'm not sure what libname on windows to use (mojca and i discussed the option to ship some libs with the garden distribition at some time) and i don't want to end up in endless discussions about lib names on systems

some day i might add this one (if the right lib is found it works ok .. performance on my old laptop is is 5000 https://tug.org pages in 100 sec, 5000 pragma website main pages in 70 sec)

(fwiw: i do use curl but just call the binary which in practice is just as efficient because one seldom does a lot in a run)

(and i use the socket lib for other things)