On 5/23/2018 5:50 PM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
On 05/22/2018 10:22 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
On 5/22/2018 9:05 PM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
Dear list,
[...]
Is there any way to followtext in q without changing text direction?

I need to write the text counter-clockwise, but on outside of the path.

Reverse changes both text direction and side of the text (related to the
path) and I don’t want to change text direction.
it will probably always look bad

      \startMPcode
         path p ; p := reverse halfcircle scaled (5cm + 0.5LineHeight);
         path q ; q := reverse halfcircle rotatedaround (origin, 180)
             scaled (5cm +1.3LineHeight);
         draw fullcircle scaled 5cm;;
         draw followtext(p, "\strut just follow the tokens\enspace") ;
         draw followtext(reverse q, "\strut just follow the
tokens\enspace") ;
        \stopMPcode

Many thanks for your reply, Hans.

Is there any way to set origin to another value than (0, 0) in MP?

I realize it might sound weird, but it would make things easier in an
example that I’m working on.
redefining origin is a bad idea (don't expect help if you do that)

you can alway sdo

currentpicture := currentpicture shifted - center currentpicture;