On 06/10/2018 06:16 PM, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:
> [...]
> * Aren’t language specific sorting rules possible at the current state? Or
> does "unicode" handle that?
> E.g.
> -- DIN 5007-1 (German default sorting) is like zm,zc,uc, but ß should be
> sorted like ss.
> -- DIN 5007-2 (German phonebook sorting) would additionally require umlauts
> to be sorted as ä = ae etc.
> -- Austrian phonebook sorting sorts umlauts after base vocals, i.e. a, ä, o,
> ö, u, ü, s, ß.
> -- Danish and Norwegian: x, y, z, æ, ø, å
> -- Finnish and Swedish: x, y = ü, z, æ, ä, ö, ø, å (until 2006 v = w)
> -- etc.
> (according to https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alphabetische_Sortierung)

sort-lan.lua contains different language definitions. Among others: DIN
5007-1, DIN 5007-2, Duden.

Languages "de-AT", "no", "da" and "sv" are ordered as you explain.

Swedish doesn’t contain ø (according to https://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ø,
it is replaced with ö) or ü (it is a foreign letter to their alphabet).
and  "fi" seems to order the way you describe. And v is different from w.

I would say, Finnish isn’t included in sort-lan.lua.

> If nobody objects I’ll add this to the wiki.

Please, it would be extremely helpful (I remember thinking that
registers didn’t make any sense in ConTeXt, before someone helped me).

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk