On 9/21/2018 9:01 AM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
On Wed, 19 Sep 2018 at 17:47, Ulrike Fischer wrote:
Am Wed, 19 Sep 2018 13:50:37 +0200 schrieb Ulrike Fischer:

I guess I should reinstall context here, probably it is too old and
never got the 64bit binaries.

I did reinstall context and now a 64bit luatex is used on my pc too
and the problem is gone.

I also installed a 64bit luatex for texlive and now the font can
also be used with latex.

The first time for me that a 64bit application makes really a
difference ;-).

I didn't look at the font itself, but if a font requires more than 3
GB of memory to be able to load it, I would suspect something
suspicious (either inefficient storing of data, semi-recursive
behaviour – that did happen with one basically "empty" font in the
past, memory leak, ... or at least some inefficient design at some
point).

these fonts are huge ... and memory usage in lua can be large as allocations doubles when more is needed, but in the end the font gets stored quite efficient in the cache, so it's a one-time memory usage

But it makes a strong argument for inclusion of 64-bit binaries into TeX Live :)
we have them on the garden for ages so i see no reason for them not being in texlive