Hi,

> On 4 Oct 2018, at 08:47, Axel Kielhorn <t...@axelkielhorn.de> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> this is my second try to start with context and I can’t even do the first
> step.
>
> I’m planing to convert a large but simple document to context.
> The document consists of 3 Parts.
> Each part has several chapters.
>
> Thus I started to build a project with three products, see enclosed archive.
>
> According to my understanding I should be able to
> context c_01 to get one chapter
> context prd_A to get one product
> context project_ecm to get the whole book.

Any whole book should be a product, and the Parts should just be components.
The project level is only there to connect meta-info across a book series.
You are not supposed to run ‘context’ on the project file.

That said, it is definitely not your installation or understanding of the
wiki page that creates the circular inclusion. The same happens here. I
discovered it works OK if I move the \product to within the \startcomponent,
and I assume that is how it supposed to work:

  \startcomponent
  \product prd_1
   …
  \stopcomponent

At a guess, I think the wiki page is wrong. But before editing that,
I would like to have confirmation of the above assumption.

Best wishes,
Taco