> On 7 Oct 2018, at 19:08, Mojca Miklavec <mojca.miklavec.li...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> The only thing that comes somewhat closer to a release is a version
> that gets released with TeX Live once per year, but that's not in line
> with your desire to easily get the latest version.

The Tex Live archive is updated continuously: On MacOS, the TeX Live Utility
gives weekly update notifications, though one can update more frequently by
hand.

> But note that installing ConTeXt alone is not sufficient. You also
> need LuaTeX, a bunch of fonts and other files (I'm not sure which
> ones; with the old ConTeXt MKII it was a lot more dependencies than
> with the new ConTeXt MKIV).

This is a problem with the development version, which looks up luatex via the
PATH, I think, which causes a conflict if one needs the luatex in the Tex Live
distribution.

> The easiest way would be to install TeX
> Live as a dependency,

A way might be to give the development version a different name, say
context-<version>, making sure it just looks up its own resources, and put it
in the TeX Live archive, updated regularly. Then those that runs the TeX Live
Utility will have access to it.