Dear Alan,

>> Q1: Shouldn't the order of multiple citations (using a single \cite
>> command) be the same as the order in the publications list? In the
>> example below, the orders are different.
>
> In the APA specification, the order of the bibliography list as well as
> the order of the citations within a pair of parenthesis is to be
> alphabetical then year ("authoryear"). You can set a different sort order
> if you do not want to follow the APA specification.

Both the list and the citation are sorted on "authoryear". But the orders in
the pdf are different. Is this a bug in ConTeXT?

>> Q2: Is there a way to capitalise the first letter of a last name in
>> \cite[...]? For example, this may be necessary when starting a new
sentence.
>> But it is also generally preferred in Dutch when the last name starts
>> with 'van' (or something similar).
>
> You are referring to a "van" or "particle" element of a name. These
> have specific rules (and all is not straight yet, for these rules depend
> on the language and are not clear).

Yes indeed. I do not need a general solution (as that would be way too
complicated). But is there a nice way to fine-tune the rendering on the
spot? (In this case, I only need to have the first character capitalised, in
a few occasions.)

Thank you for your reply,

All the best,
Joshua Moerman