> On 2 Dec 2018, at 19:01, Hans Hagen <j.ha...@xs4all.nl> wrote:
>
> On 12/2/2018 6:33 PM, Hans Åberg wrote:
>> Maybe as a part of general features: A font fallback that selects the
>> character from a sequence of fonts if not available, which could involve
>> ranges, too, but not necessarily. And being able to have untranslated
>> throughput.
> Using the available fallback mechanism that already can be done.

I couldn't figure out how to do it, though.

> This super/supscript stuff is a bit more tricky because when a superscript 2
> is in the font, and a superscript 3 isn't, using a fake ^3 alongside that ^2
> quite certainly will look bad because the 2 is normally of a different design
> that a scaled down 2, so one then has to replace them all. Then there is the
> question of scale and move (up/down).

It will look worse not having it at all, when coping from the PDF to the plain
text file, that is. :-)

> Although I have some experiemntal (font) magic on my computer it will
> probably take till next year before it will show up in a beta.

Perhaps the stuff that the PDF displays may not need to be what one copies,
that is, it displays something that looks good, but when coping as plain text,
one gets something that is useful. That is possible for HTML URLs, even though
it is a security hazard for such links.