On 1/7/2019 6:47 PM, Weber, Matthias wrote:
Update:

The page setup works after Hans’ fix. Thanks, that was a relief.
I still don’t know what’s going on with PDF inclusion. The ones that cause
trouble are kind of old (from 2005), and I could “upgrade”

we found the reason

but anyway, looking at this pdf file it makes sense to save as pdf from illustrator because now you basically use the illustrator edit file (with a lot of crap in it) and also some versioning (i suspect that the xref is also bad so then you depend on recovering capabilities of readers)

Them manually and things work now for this document. I have others that might
cause problems, too. Unfortunately, the error message only tells which page
couldn’t be flushed but not what figure is causing issues. Going through a
hundred figures and trying whether they work is somewhat painful.

A more verbose error message would be helpful, or a hint what has changed with
pdf import.
only the library, not in the way inclusion works