On 1/11/2019 8:23 PM, Ulrike Fischer wrote:
Am Thu, 10 Jan 2019 17:13:26 +0100 schrieb Pablo Rodriguez:

On 1/7/19 12:40 AM, Ulrike Fischer wrote:
I just tried to import the fontloader from 2019-01-03 into latex,
and get on a simple document the error

  (./test-utf8.aux)error:
...ad/texmf/tex/luatex/luaotfload/fontloader-2019-01-03.lua:23868:
attempt to call upvalue 'getdirection' (a nil value)
[...]
I have no idea (yet) if this is latex specific or if it could affect
context too but thought I better mention it. The line refers to this
part of the code:

   pardirstate=function(start)
     local nxt=getnext(start)
     local dir=getdirection(start) --<--
     if dir==lefttoright then
       return nxt,1,1

Many thanks for your report, Ulrike.

This was the same problem that prevented the compilation of the
following code:

     \setupdirections[bidi=on, method=two]
     \starttext
     \input zapf
     \stoptext

After your report, Hans fixed the issue

Well not for generic. I tried yesterday the context state from
2019-01-07 and still have the problem that getdirection is called
somewhere but actually nil. But I don't have the time to investigate
or to try to create a generic example currently.
afaiks it's ok for luatex 1.09+

(i have no time now either)