Am 2019-02-06 um 00:19 schrieb Aditya Mahajan <adit...@umich.edu>:

>> layout, and the text should flow around their irregular shapes (side
>> placement in single text column only).
>> change that.

>> shapes somehow, but I can’t find documentation or a sample.
>>>>>
>> The metafun manual should have a few examples.
>>
> See https://tex.stackexchange.com/a/32308/323 which is based on an example in
> the metafun manual.

Thank you all!

I guess I can reduce the flow cases to <10 and use \parshape directly; thinking
in lines looks a bit easier than the MetaPost way.

Calculating the MP path from the TIFF alpha channel would be interesting, but
is way above my head.

I guess it would work like:
* preprocessing:
  - find the outer contour of the image (after some threshold value of color
value or alpha channel)
  - simplify and vectorize that (I remember there were different OS
tools/libraries used with FontForge or Inkscape)
  - convert this outline (SVG or EPS I guess) into MP
* within the ConTeXt run:
  - place the (scaled) picture
  - preliminary page/paragraph breaking to find where there might be overlaps
  - calculate the fitting paragraph shape (rectangle minus overlapping part of
the scaled outline)
  - probably some new line/paragraph breaking?

Greetlings, Hraban
---
https://www.fiee.net
http://wiki.contextgarden.net