On 2/25/2019 15:45, Henri Menke wrote:
On 26/02/19 3:55 AM, Ulrike Fischer wrote:
Am Sat, 23 Feb 2019 17:11:12 +0100 schrieb Hans Hagen:

because <disc -> followed by -- is pretty obscure ... a replace could be
seen as --- and when hyphenated as - -- and such ... it's about time
that texies start using the proper unicode symbols instead of these
funny ligatures
well the problem with the proper unicode symbols is that at first
they are not so easy to input (that could be handled by the editor)
and that they are not so visible. - - — look quite the same in my
editor, even more if the screen is not so large and when my eyes
tire. If -- wouldn't work I would resort to a command like \ndash
instead only to get a better visual clue what's in the document.

But regardless from the input method. How can one enable a line
break after an em-dash when \automichyphenmode is 1?  The only way I
found is to explicitly insert a penalty:

\starttext
\hsize=2pt

dash---\penalty1 dash

dash—\penalty1 dash