Paul Hoffman schrieb am 27.02.19 um 23:05:
I'm trying to define a new language for use in a bilingual document, but
my hyphenation patterns are being ignored and I'm sure I must be doing
something wrong.

For which Language do you need patterns?

Did you try to contact Arthur or Mojca to add the missing pattern to their repository which includes the hyphenation pattern for the other languages.

When this is done you can ask Hans to add support for your missing language in ConTeXt.

Wolfgang