Ahoi,

in my book I use a lot of buffers for examples. These get typeset (compiled)
anew on every tex run (i.e. several times per context run). This needs a lot of
time and is quite annoying. Is this somehow cacheable, so that it compiles only
once per context run or (even better) only if the buffer changed?

How does the filter module handle this? I know it uses some checksum.
Should I "outsource" my buffers via t-filter?

If you need a MWE for this, I’ll assemble one. My actual setup is quite
complicated, maybe that’s the problem...

Greetlings, Hraban
---
https://www.fiee.net
http://wiki.contextgarden.net