Hi Idris,

please read this: https://www.w3.org/TR/unicode-xml/#Superscripts

Wolfgang

Hamid,Idris schrieb am 03.05.2019 um 21:40:
Dear gang,

Ok, I've made some progress:

1. tex-gyre etc. *do* support Unicode mathematics, but the version of
ConTeXt I was using had produced the wrong encoding in the pdf output. For
example, U+1D4D2 (๐“’) in the input was being mapped to U+2D4D2 in the
output.

Updating to the latest beta appears to have fixed this issue.

2. tex-gyre etc. appears to be missing some superscript characters, e.g.,
โฟ (U+207F).

3. New example:

=======
\setupbodyfont
    [cambria,12pt]
    % [pagella,12pt]
    % [times,12pt]

% \starttext
\startTEXpage
\def\ANTI{{^{\rm nt}}}
\def\ANTIU{{^{\rm โฟแต—}}}

\def\CATCA{$\cal \bf C\ANTI$}
\def\CATCAU{$๐“’\ANTIU$}

๐“’ \CATCA \CATCAU
\stopTEXpage
% \stoptext
=======

\CATCAU and \ANTIU use Unicode characters and superscripts directly,
instead of the old TeX method.

4. Issues. In the pdf output of \CATCAU:
i)   Why does ConTeXt make the second superscript larger than the first?
ii)  If one copies the text of the pdf output to an editor - even this
email client - the second superscript moves to a new line:

๐“’ โฟ

Why does this happen? Is this a bug?

5. Here is what we want: ๐“’ โฟแต—

What is the proper or best way to get a character-superscript combination
in ConTeXt whose output can be copied and pasted to an editor and give the
correct result? What am I missing?

Thank you in advance.

Best wishes
Idris

On Wed, 01 May 2019 14:58:06 -0600, Hamid,Idris