Hello Taco,

From now on, when you are editing the wiki (especially the /Command/CMD pages), you can use
<syntax>CMD</syntax> to output the formal table of arguments
for that CMD (omit the backslash)

For example,

  <syntax>section</syntax>

outputs a table with the formal calling convention(s) for the \section command.
Multiple tables actually, as it also outputs the alternative calls with
different arguments, and it outputs the definition of the internal \*section*
command, of which \section is an instance. (The parents of instances are
printed in a slanted font).

this is really great!

This gives idea what syntax "sugars" (alternatives) are possible and what args
may be used! This lacked for years!

===========

I have not auto-replaced any of the handcrafted command page syntax tables in
the existing wiki pages, because quite often the current syntax table has
manual additions explaining various options. In the formal version these are
obviously not present, and I did not want to remove any of that extra
information.

Anyway, the nice thing about this new wiki plugin is that if you want to create a
page for a specific command that is not in existence right now, it is a simple matter
of going to the expected url, and creating a page with just a Syntax heading and a
<syntax> tag.

For example (created a minute ago):

url:
  https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Command/setupdescription

content:
  == Syntax ==

  <syntax>setupdescription</syntax>

My suggestions is to add an auto-generated-command-syntax wiki-page-section,
too.

I find it very useful - just now one can see what are possibilities!

I added the following code into wiki page - just for testing purposes, anyone
can alter the page:

        https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Command/section#Syntax

----
<hr/>
== [[Help:Reference|Syntax (generated automatically from ConTeXt definition)]]
==
<syntax>section</syntax>
<hr/>
----

And just now I can see that \section accepts syntax of the forms:

        \section[MyRef]{My title}
        \section[MyRef]{4.0}{My title}
        \section[reference=MyRef,ownnumber=4.0,title={My title}]

So better for us if we find a way to COMBINE command descriptions already existing on wiki
WITH those generated via <syntax>command</syntax> injection.

Thanks again for the great job.

Best regards,

Lukas

Thanks go to Wolfgang for all the hard work!

Best wishes,
Taco

--
Ing. Lukáš Procházka | mailto:l...@pontex.cz