Hi Willi,

thanks for the quick reply. I have the [align=lohi] as part of the setupTABLE
statement.
Now I tried adding it into the particular cell -- again no effect even if I add
"middle".

\bTD[align=lohi] \rotate[270]{\switchtobodyfont[8pt]a bit more text} \eTD

I suspect the rotate mechanism places the object independent of the align=
statement. For
that reason some other handling might be needed. I just don't know which :)

Martin