On Sun, 7 Jul 2019, Thangalin wrote:

Thank you Aditya.

The main.tex file is meant to be reusable for different document styles. By
removing \completecontent altogether from the main template, it would
preclude a different document from reusing the main.tex template with a
table of contents. I'd like the template to be "reusable"; making
modifications to "main.tex" --- or creating a copy --- would subvert that
goal.

Pandoc allows that. For example, see line 140 of the default context template:

https://github.com/jgm/pandoc-templates/blob/master/default.context

I don't remember the exact command line parameters for pandoc that set the toc flag to true.

An equivalent method will be to control this using a ConTeXt mode. Redefining \completecontent to \empty seems too drastic.

Aditya