So why not place footnotes in a (sufficiently large) reserved bottom
space? The typeset text area would then be uniform across all pages and
notes would appear where needed.

Would be possibe in some cases, but not in mine: I have many small footnones, only a few words, and some very long with several lines. With your solution I would waste 50%+ of the area or - as an alternative - I had to split the long footnotes across several pages and their footnote-areas. Actually that might be an interesting workaround ... I will try it, but it would cost still a lot of space and pages.

Huseyin

Huseyin Özoguz

E-Mail: h.oezo...@mmnetz.de