On Sun, 25 Aug 2019, Aditya Mahajan wrote:

Hi,

I use jobs.file.run in t-filter to cache the results so that the external filters are only run if the content has changed. For some reason, this is not working but I cannot figure out why? Repeating the same steps as t-filter manually works, but something goes wrong when I use the t-filter interface.

I have narrowed this down to an example that does not use the filter module. It seems that something goes wrong when the first argument of the job.files.run contains a hyphen. Here is an example:

\enabletrackers[graphic.runfile]

\starttext

\startbuffer[test]
  print("Output from lua")
\stopbuffer

\savebuffer[list={test}, file={test.lua}, prefix=no]
\ctxlua{job.files.run("test.lua",
                      "lua test.lua > test-output.tex")}
\ReadFile{test-output.tex}

\savebuffer[list={test}, file={test-manual.lua}, prefix=no]
\ctxlua{job.files.run("test-manual.lua",
                      "lua test-manual.lua > test-manual-output.tex")}
\ReadFile{test-manual-output.tex}

\stoptext

Compiling this using `context test.tex | grep run` gives:

graphics        > run > processing file, no changes in 'test.lua', not processed
graphics        > run > processing file, changes in 'test-manual.lua',
processing forced

If I readd the definition of jobs.file.run from grph-fil.lua (see attached file), then the filename with hyphen also works correctly.

Compiling that with `context --mode=fix test.tex | grep run` gives

graphics        > run > processing file, no changes in 'test.lua', not processed
graphics        > run > processing file, no changes in 'test-manual.lua', not
processed

Not sure why that is the case.

Aditya