On 9/11/2019 10:14 AM, Vladimir Lomov wrote:

so I'm sure that this is different "context"s (I'm curious why current
version of mkiv files are different but I suppose it is related to other
"system" files of context).

the lmtx files can have different solutions because luametatex has some possibilities that luatex hasn't (yet or never will have)

Is it "safe" to simply run always

   $ mtxrun --generate; context --make

after each context/lmtx update? May be one should add there commands in
'install.sh'?

normally this will happen automatically but there are rare cases when it might fail, for instance in lmtx because there is a change in bytecode that gets unnoticed (we use the still experimental lua 5.4 there)