Hi Andres,
I have a working solution and another approach by Wolfgang:

This is not a MWE, and it contains probably a lot of unnecessary stuff.
Since Hans fixed some problems since, it might have become much easier.
E.g. I seldom need my FNVOffset correction any more.

% I thought I could setup those two together, but it didn’t work
\setupmargindata[inmargin][
  location=right,
  stack=continue,
  align=flushright,
  style={\switchtobodyfont[6pt]},
]
\setupmargindata[inouter][
  location=right,
  stack=continue,
  align=flushright,
  style={\switchtobodyfont[6pt]},
]

\def\FNVOffset{0} % Negative vertical offset of footnotes in lines
% Redefine this as necessary (e.g. if long footnotes overflow into the footer)

\def\MarginNote#1{%
\inmargin[
  voffset=\dimexpr-\FNVOffset\lineheight\relax,
  width=\ColWidth,
  align=flushleft,
]{%
  \inframed[
    width=\ColWidth,
    align=right,
    frame=off,
    offset=overlay,
    strut=yes,
    ]{#1}%
  }%
}

\define\PlaceFootnote{%
\inmargin[
  voffset=\dimexpr-\FNVOffset\lineheight\relax,
  width=\ColWidth,
]{%
  \vtop{\switchtobodyfont[6pt]\placelocalnotes[footnote][before=,after=]}}%
}

\def\FNo#1{{#1~}} %\crlf\gobblespacetokens}}
% Distance/glue after number or before note text never disappears :(

\setupnote[footnote][
  location=text,
  bodyfont=,
  indenting=no,
  before={\noindentation},
  next=\PlaceFootnote,
]

\setupnotation[footnote][
        way=bychapter,
        align=flushleft,
  indenting=no,
  location=serried,
  alternative=serried,
  width=broad,
  numbercommand=\FNo,
] % footnote text

\setuptexttexts[margin][][%
  {\framed[
    align={flushright,bottom},
    frame=off,
    height=\textheight,
    width=\ColWidth,
  ]{%
    \strut\vfill\switchtobodyfont[6pt]}}%
]

%%%%
% different approach:
\definecounter[Mnote][way=bychapter,prefix=no]
\def\mnote#1{%
  \incrementcounter[Mnote]%
  \high{\color[mnotemark]{\convertedcounter[Mnote]}}%
  \inouter{{%
    \FootnoteFont%
    \color[mnotemark]{\convertedcounter[Mnote]}\crlf #1\blank[yes]}}%
}
%%%%%

Greetlings, Hraban
---