and I quickly skimmed throught this thread to see if someone writes
about my pdf-viewer of choice - pdf-tools
(https://github.com/politza/pdf-tools).

On 2019-10-13, at 12:43, Henning Hraban Ramm <te...@fiee.net> wrote:

> Hi, I’d like to update my list of (usable!) PDF viewers.
> Which one do you use? (Current version?)

pdf-tools (version 20190701.202)

> What are its pros and cons?

cons:
- no "continuous display"/"double page" modes

pros:
- searchable (also with regexen), also grep-like (i.e., display all
lines containing some regex and jump to them easily)
- annotations/comments are viewable (and jumpable to) w/o using the
mouse
- fast
- runs within Emacs (not sure if this is a "pro" for everyone...)

> Is it free (open source, freeware)?

yes (GPL3)

> Does it work on Win/Lin/Mac?

GNU/Linux, maybe Mac

> Does it have a localized interface? (I don’t care, but I work with
> people who don’t understand a lot of English.)

No.

> Can it handle comments, attachments?

Yes.

> Can it handle forms with or without JavaScript?

AFAIK, no.

> Does it support SyncTeX? (Who uses that anyway?)

Yes, and I do all the time!

> Does it update changed PDFs on its own (or does it even block
> overwriting)?

I guess it can be configured to do so (like Emacs in general)

> Which other features are essential for your choice?

As I said - I don't have to leave Emacs.  Also, incremental or grep-like
searching with literal text or regexen are killer features.

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski
http://mbork.pl