> Pablo Rodriguez schrieb am 02.12.2019 um 16:18:
>>      \starttext
>>      \executesystemcommand{contextjit --purgeall
>> --arguments="OptionThis={\ThisOption},OptionThat={\ThatOption}" second.tex}
>
> Limited alternative (no rerun when second.pdf exists and by default the
> resulting PDF is loaded as image).
>
> \typesetfile[second.tex][--arguments="OptionThis={\ThisOption},OptionThat={\ThatOption}"][object=no]

Many thanks for your reply, Wolfgang.

This is an interesting way to avoid the issue.

>> Could anyone confirm the issue I’m describing in Windows?
>
> I get the same results with MkIV but LMTX works.

I’d love to switch to LMTX, but this isn’t an option for me. It has an
issue with some fonts (I already reported).

In this sample \ss and \cg fonts cannot be used, even invoking them by
file name:

    \definefontfamily[mainface][rm][TeX Gyre Heros]
    \definefontfamily[mainface][mm][TeX Gyre Termes Math]
    \definefontfamily[mainface][ss][Gill Sans MT][tf=file:GIL_____.TTF]
    \definefontfamily[mainface][tt][Cousine]
    \definefontfamily[mainface][cg][Arial Narrow][tf=file:ARIALN.TTF]
    \setupbodyfont[mainface]
    \startbuffer
    \ConTeXt\ is awesome!\par
    \stopbuffer
    \starttext
    \startTEXpage[offset=1em]
    \getbuffer
    \ss\getbuffer
    \tt\getbuffer
    \cg\getbuffer
    \stopTEXpage
    \stoptext

https://mailman.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2019/094953.html
https://mailman.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2019/095353.html

>> Is there any ConTeXt command (or Lua function) that translates non-ASCII
>> chars to their ASCII values?
>
> Lua: characters.shaped(...)

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo