Am 06.12.2019 um 16:56 schrieb Hans Hagen:
> On 12/6/2019 4:21 PM, Peter Rolf wrote:
>> Hi Rik,
>>
>> I guess it's not supported yet.
>>
>> In "lpdf-fmt.lua" it says:
>> [..]
>>         ["pdf/a-3a"] = { -- untested; NEW: any type of attachment is
>> allowed
>> [..]
>>
>> I remember adding the "a-2a" and "a-3a" versions back when Hans and I
>> added experimental support for "PDF/UA-1" (which is based on "PDF/A-3a",
>> but much more limited). This all lies back a few years, can't remember
>> the details.
>>
>> So we have only basic support for "PDF/A-3a", the more advanced features
>> of that format are not supported yet. The main problem here is the
>> lacking PDF/A documentation (ISO pay wall). I guess there is currently
>> no real reason to use that format at all (?).
> indeed (and to be honest, i never need these options myself)
>
> anyway, i happily wait till you come up with an entry for it
>
> (i have no clue what 'advanced' features mean here, something we need to
> implement or just something that needs a flag)

@Hans:
I'll look into it. Give me some days to read the documentation (not that
much anyway) and to play around with it.
All the "new" features are already implemented as building blocks for
the PDF/X variants, so I guess it's mostly just adding some new table
entries ('b|u' variants). Attachments seem to need several extra PDF
entries. Will report back to you and Luigi.

@Luigi: mh, that really looks like a lot of fun
https://docs.verapdf.org/validation/pdfa-parts-2-and-3/

@Pablo, Rik:
We can put you in cc if you volunteer for testing. Just say aye :D

Peter