Willi Egger schrieb am 18.12.2019 um 19:58:
Wolfgans, Hraban,

thank you very much for this instruction!

- In the real itemlist I have of course \startitemize (sorry for the ommission
in the MWE
- I misinterpreted the Wiki. There is no mentioning in the red section that n
is possible. However the n in the green section must be used as the symbol with
n=123 or symbol=2.

The n-key is used to set the number of columns when you set your items in multiple columns and it has the same effect as the two, three etc. keywords.

The way how numbered items work is different. To change the symbol for the bullets or use numbers instead ConTeXt checks if the applies keywords include the name of a symbol (something you create with \definesymbol) or the name of a number conversion (something you create with \defineconversion) and applies it to the current entry.

This check also you to create your own symbols or numbers orders by simply creating a new symbol and conversion.

Wolfgang