Am 2020-03-04 um 08:49 schrieb Jan U. Hasecke <juh+ntg-cont...@mailbox.org>:
> Am 03.03.20 um 22:04 schrieb Rik Kabel:
>> Instructions for creating the .epub from the export are contained in the
>> log file.
> Has anyone ever got an epub that validates?

Only with a lot of manual corrections.

I use the "raw" XML export, a bunch of XSL templates and a shell script, but
still need to put stuff in place manually (i.e. everything that’s just visually
formatted like the inner title and imprint).

I’m working on enhancing my workflow to at least succeed with epubcheck. I’ll
probably need more than XSLT to e.g. check for image files (since I don’t use
the file extension in ConTeXt, the XML processor can’t know if it’s a JPEG, PNG
or PDF) etc. Maybe use Python instead of Shell + XSLT.

Our eBook distributor (BookWire) has even higher demands or checks better than
the official epubcheck. (There are even example files in the consortiums’s
GitHub that don’t validate.)

Greetlings, Hraban
---
https://www.fiee.net