On Thu, Mar 5, 2020 at 9:09 PM Wolfgang Schuster <
wolfgang.schuster.li...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Mikael P. Sundqvist schrieb am 05.03.2020 um 20:48:
>
> Oh, I had not. It looks better with collapsing=1, indeed. A few neq
> questions comes to me:
>
> Does ConTeXt not use the same prime character as in TeX/LaTeX? Or has
> something changed in latin modern? See the attached pdf files
> (derivatives.pdf from ConTeXt and primetime-crop.pdf from lualatex). The
> prime character looks more slanted in ConTeXt. It also almost looks like it
> is cut horizontally at the bottom of the character. Also, the space between
> the two x in the subscript looks a bit large to me. Is that easily tuned?
>

> ConTeXt uses the OpenType version of the Latin Modern math font
> while your LaTeX file uses the older Type1 version of the font
> which uses multiple files for the different sizes. You can see this
> when look into the document information which can be done
> with your PDF viewer (or a command line tool like pdffonts).
>
> Wolfgang

Thanks! That was sloppy of me not to check in the pdf before sending. I
attach the correct file generated by lualatex for others. Indeed, the
primes are "cut off" horizontally, but perhaps that is a choice of design.

The question regarding spaces in the subscript remains.

/Mikael