Tim Steenvoorden schrieb am 22.03.2020 um 12:10:
Hi all,

I’m trying to typeset a document using Lucida Type1 fonts. Primes are put way too high. Also, kerning with punctuation characters placed after a prime are too wide. This can be seen in attached rendering of below example.

 $e,\sigma \rightarrow e',\sigma’$

Is there a quick way to fix this? I don’t have access tot the OTF unfortunately. Running ConTeXt TeXlive 2019 on macOS 10.15.3.

I'm sorry for the bad news but without a patch for the font (which can probably applied with a goodies file) there is nothing which can be done. As the Type 1 version of the Lucida fonts had a few problems in the last few years with ConTeXt MkIV I don't think Hans has much interest to fix them again (especially when you can expect new problems in the future).

The best way here is to use another font or spend the money for the OpenType version.

Wolfgang