Weber, Matthias schrieb am 29.03.2020 um 21:02:
Dear list,

I need to typeset a handful of simple commutative diagrams like the one below,
and I found the nodes manual by Alan that has exactly what I want.

But what is the incantation to load the module, or am I missing something else?

Thanks,

Matthias

\starttext
\startMPcode
path p ;
p := fullsquare scaled 3cm ;
nodepath = p ;
draw node(0,"\node{$G(X)$}") ;
draw node(1,"\node{$G(Y)$}") ;
draw node(2,"\node{$F(Y)$}") ;
draw node(3,"\node{$F(X)$}") ;
drawarrow fromto.bot(0,0,1, "\nodeSmall{$G(f)$}") ; drawarrow fromto.top(0,3,2,
"\nodeSmall{$F(f)$}") ; drawarrow fromto.rt (0,2,1, "\nodeSmall{$η_Y$}") ; drawarrow
fromto.lft(0,3,0, "\nodeSmall{$η_X$}") ;
\stopMPcode
\stoptext

The code is loaded by default but you have to change the \nodeSmall command to \smallnode, I guess the command name has changed after the manual was written.

@Alan: Even after this fix there is something wrong with the module because I get no output from the MetaPost graphic while the TeX example in the manual works.

Wolfgang