On 4/25/20 2:37 PM, Jack Steyn wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am having trouble setting the PDF boxes to my desired dimensions.
> Suppose I have \setuppapersize[/a/][/b/]. I want CropBox = MediaBox
> =/ //b/. So far, so good: I can just use cropoffset=0mm in \setuplayout.
> But I want TrimBox = /a/. However, as far as I can see, I can't achieve
> this using trimoffset in \setuplayout unless (width of /b/) – (width of
> /a/) = (height of /b/) – (height of /a/), which does not hold in my
> case. So it looks like I need to find another way to set the TrimBox
> (and the BleedBox, which I want to be 3mm wider and taller than the
> TrimBox). Does anyone know how to do this?

Hi Jack,

there seems to be a bug in ConTeXt (both in MkXL and MkIV).

From this code:

    \setuplayout
     [cropoffset=15ex,
      trimoffset=20ex,
      bleedoffset=25ex,
      artoffset=30ex]

    \starttext
    \input zapf
    \stoptext

I get the relevant code:

  /CropBox [ 0 0 595.2756 841.8898 ]
  /MediaBox [ 0 0 595.2756 841.8898 ]
  /TrimBox [ 0 0 595.2756 841.8898 ]

I think it might be a bug that prevents this from working properly.
(ArtBox is simply disabled.)

Hans, could you check this? Many thanks for your help.

Pablo

PS: sorry for having changed the subject, Jack. It intends only to
increase visibility about code that may need to be improved.
--
http://www.ousia.tk