Pablo Rodriguez schrieb am 29.04.2020 um 14:00:
Dear list,

for one of the documents I share with others, I need to add five
pagenumber series.

I’m already using realpage, userpage and subpage. I have just tried to
use \definecounter, but it doesn’t work.

     \setuppapersize[A9]
     \definecounter[ncounter]
         [way=bychapter]
     \starttext
     \rawcountervalue[ncounter]\page
     \incrementcounter[ncounter][1]
     \page
     \lastcountervalue[ncounter]
     \chapter{}
     \lastcountervalue[ncounter]
     \stoptext

I don’t know how to link any page increment to the defined counter.
Although method is page, this seems to be related to a different issue.

My question is: how could I get new pagenumber series using \definecounter?

While I think there are better solutions to your problem (e.g. adding the section number as prefix) you can increment a counter with each page.

The hard part is to find a hook for this because AFAIK there is no simple key to do this (e.g. \setuppaper[setups=...]). What you have to do in this case is to append the counter settings to a token register which is called when ConTeXt has finished a page.

\definecounter [section:chapter] [way=bychapter]
\definecounter [section:section] [way=bysection]

\appendtoks
  \incrementcounter[section:chapter]%
  \incrementcounter[section:section]%
\to \everybeforepagebody

\startsetups[header:pagenumber]
  \starttabulate[|l|rw(1em)|]
  \NC Pagenumber \EQ \pagenumber                       \NC\NR
  \NC Chapter    \EQ \rawcountervalue[section:chapter] \NC\NR
  \NC Section    \EQ \rawcountervalue[section:section] \NC\NR
  \stoptabulate
\stopsetups

\setupheadertexts[\directsetup{header:pagenumber}]

\starttext

%\dorecurse{10}{\samplefile{lorem}}

\dorecurse{5}
  {\chapter{Chapter \convertnumber{word}{#1}}
   \dorecurse{5}
     {\section{Section \convertnumber{word}{##1}}
      \dorecurse{\numexpr#1+##1\relax}{\samplefile{lorem}}}}

\stoptext

Wolfgang