On 6/10/2020 8:42 AM, Jan Willem Flamma wrote:
Dear list,

I have seen the use of blocks mechanism with and without a start/stop combination.

It is not clear to me in which cases it is required to also include a start/stop combination in this mechanism.

\beginquestion

\startquestion

Question A

\stopquestion

\endquestion

\beginanswer

\startanswer

Answer A

\stopanswer

\endanswer
the begin/end are used for marking blobs of content (kind of buffers) that can be mixed in, reused, moved, while start/stop is for structure

so, begin/end is independent

it is an already old mechanism that was made for educational material where one source had to result in teacher, student, examns, extra, materials

but it's there to stay ...